Recipe by Trixyinaz
Took some ideas from other Alfredo recipes and combined them to create my own. Dear old hubby loves it. Very easy to make. Hope you like onions and garlic and lots of shrimp.
Top Review by Carmen B.
Wow. I've never cooked with cream cheese before and this was awesome. I kind of turned this into a Baked Seafood Linguine. I added some mushrooms, clams, shrimp, fake lobster chunks, scallops, and calamari rings, topped of with a 6 cheese blend and baked. I was a little worried when I added the cream cheese to the butter because it looked like it wasn't going to incorporate with each other, but after the cream cheese melted they blended wonderfully. I also used 1/2 cup parmesan because the recommended 2/3 cup seemed a little too much for me. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 0.75 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, uncooked, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 lb popcorn shrimp, cooked
- 1 lb fettuccine
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop onion and garlic until it is finely minced.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Sautee onion and garlic in butter (about 5 to 10 minutes).
- Add cream cheese and melt.
- Whisk in the heavy whipping cream.
- Add parsely, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium-low to low.
- Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the sauce is simmering, peel and devein the uncooked small shrimp and set aside.
- Fill a small bowl with hot water and place the cooked popcorn shrimp in it to heat it up.
- About 10 minutes before the alfredo sauce is done, place the uncooked shrimp in it.
- Once the shimp is cooked, remove from the stove and add the parmesean cheese.
- Cook 1 pound of pasta.
- Once cooked, drain and place the pasta in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the popcorn shrimp on the pasta and pour the alfredo sauce over it (reserve some of the sauce to add to each plate), mix and serve.