Recipe by Trixyinaz
A Rice, chicken, cumin, lime, chili powder bake.
Top Review by melissa williams
Wonderful! My husband and I scarfed this down, and it was one of those casseroles that was even better the next day. The leftovers didn't last long. Also, I substituted arborio rice in the same amount as the white rice called for. It gave the whole thing a creamier texture. Definately one I'll be making again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced and cubed in small chunks
- 177.44 ml uncooked rice
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies (with juice)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml cumin
- 118.29 ml water
- 0.59 ml chili powder
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 59.14 ml chopped cilantro (optional)
- 39.43 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4.92 ml oil
- 3 clove minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Chicken: Cut chicken breasts into bite size cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of cumin.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Lime Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and garlic.
- Mix well, pour over chicken cubes, cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Rice: Chop the onions and green chilies.
- In a 3 qt shallow baking dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, rice, onions, chilies and spices
- Add the chicken and marinade, mix together, cover tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Top with cheddar cheese& cilantro (optional) and serve immediately- serving size is 1 cup.