Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A Rice, chicken, cumin, lime, chili powder bake.
Make and share this Veronica's Rice and Chicken Combo Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced and cubed in small chunks
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies (with juice)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 8 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Chicken: Cut chicken breasts into bite size cubes.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of cumin.
- Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Lime Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and garlic.
- Mix well, pour over chicken cubes, cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- Rice: Chop the onions and green chilies.
- In a 3 qt shallow baking dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, rice, onions, chilies and spices
- Add the chicken and marinade, mix together, cover tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Top with cheddar cheese& cilantro (optional) and serve immediately- serving size is 1 cup.
Wonderful! My husband and I scarfed this down, and it was one of those casseroles that was even better the next day. The leftovers didn't last long. Also, I substituted arborio rice in the same amount as the white rice called for. It gave the whole thing a creamier texture. Definately one I'll be making again.
We really liked this one, even my picky husband and mother. You can definitely taste the cumin in this, which I hadn't really cooked with in the past. It's a pretty flavorful dish. Make sure to get the rice done. I didn't quite leave it long enough. My husband suggested to use chicken broth instead of the water. I think it was fine with the water personally. Overall very good and easy.
This was so easy and really delicious. Hubby wanted it two nights in a row. I used extra cumin because we love it and I used the whole can of chicken soup because I used extra onions. Used Texmati rice and it was excellent! Thanks Veronica!