1 hr 5 mins
A Rice, chicken, cumin, lime, chili powder bake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies (with juice)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1Chicken: Cut chicken breasts into bite size cubes.
- 2Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of cumin.
- 3Place in a bowl and set aside.
- 4Lime Sauce: In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, oil and garlic.
- 5Mix well, pour over chicken cubes, cover and marinate in fridge for 1 hour.
- 6Rice: Chop the onions and green chilies.
- 7In a 3 qt shallow baking dish, combine the cream of chicken soup, rice, onions, chilies and spices
- 8Add the chicken and marinade, mix together, cover tightly and bake at 375 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 9Top with cheddar cheese& cilantro (optional) and serve immediately- serving size is 1 cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veronica's Rice and Chicken Combo Bake
Serving Size: 1 (1383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 246.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 581.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 21.7 g