Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love a sweet/spicy salsa especially over my pork. Another ediets recipe that's healthy and delicious. For added flavor, sautee an onion with the pork.
- 1 pork chop, lean (with or without bone)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple chunk
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper and rub over both sides of pork.
- Heat oil over medium heat.
- Saute pork about 3-5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan, cover and keep warm (putting it in the microwave works great- of course, don't turn it on) Using the same skillet, add pineapple with juice and salsa.
- Raise heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Cook 1-2 minutes, add cilantro and oregano, and continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve pork over a bed of rice and top with sauce.
This dish turned out quite well! Even my husband (who is generally not a fan of pork dishes) liked it. I will defintely make this again. Thanks!