Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another Ediets.com recipe that was delicious. Who said that low fat, healthy food has to taste terrible? Being Italian and having the real thing, this recipe fared nicely in my book.
- 1 onion, small
- 1 clove garlic (I prefer two cloves)
- 1 bell pepper (I used 1/2 yellow and 1/2 orange)
- 1 stalk celery
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce, low sodium
- 158.51 ml of canned white beans
- 118.29 ml frozen spinach
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 42.52 g pasta (dry, uncooked)
- Prepare pasta according to recipe directions, omit salt, drain and set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans and set aside.
- Dice onion, bell pepper, and celery, set aside.
- Mince garlic, set aside.
- Spray non-stick sauce pan with cooking spray and sauté onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic for 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat, or until onions are translucent.
- Reduce heat and add tomato sauce, broth, spinach, basil and beans.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta (Pasta suggestion: Use any bite sized pasta such as small seashells, elbows or orzo).
This is a very different, delicious recipe. I am a meat lover but this dish satisfied me completely without a big chop or any other meat dish. I used canned butter beans, fresh spinach and did add 2 Jalapenos finely chopped. I decided that I would love this over flat noodles - excellent! Thanks Trixinaz aka Veronica