Recipe by Trixyinaz
VERY EASY, VERY FAST AND VERY GOOD!!!!!!!! ONE OF MY MOM'S FAVORITES (AND MINE TOO) (Prep time includes chilling time)
Top Review by SillyWillie
Forgot I needed a cake to bring to work today so I needed something easy to make, but I wanted something different. While the filling mixture was mixing in the mixer, I prepared the rest of the ingredients. By time the filling was done (20 minutes), I had the crust made, the pineapple dejuiced and the bananas peeled (I used 5), sliced and dipped in lemon juice. This was so easy to make and DELICIOUS! It looked so good that after 2 hours chilling, the gang at work dug in. Everyone is raving about how good it is. And, it really does taste like a banana split minus the ice cream. This is a keeper in our house (and office - they want me to make this for the next birthday). Thanks Veronica!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon juice (optional)
- 4 -6 bananas
- 12 ounces whipped cream (or make your own)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (or more if you're like me)
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple (well drained)
- maraschino cherry, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- CRUST: Combine cracker crumbs& butter and mix.
- Press into a 9 x 13 pan.
- Set aside.
- FILLING: In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Beat for about 20 minutes.
- Pour on top of the cracker crumb crust.
- Set aside.
- TOPPING: Slice the banana's lenghtwise and (optional) dip in lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Arrange the banana slices on top of the batter.
- Spread the WELL DRAINED crushed pineapples over the bananas.
- Spread the whipped cream on top.
- Sprinkle with nuts and cherries.
- Chill for a few hours.
- Cut and serve.
- Cut up some fresh strawberries and layer on top of bananas, then add your pineapple.
- Grate dark chocolate on top of strawberries or bananas before adding your pineapple.
- Heat up some carmel and hot fudge ice cream toppings and drizzle on top of the nuts and cherries.