Recipe by Trixyinaz
I despise Lentils, BUT, this lentil recipe I LIKED a lot. Yet another tasty and healthy diet recipe.
Top Review by Anu
Easy, hearty and nutritious! I used dried parsley and green bell pepper. Next time I may just reduce the amount of pepper a bit. This is PERFECT for those runny noses on winter nights. Thanks Veronica!
- 1⁄2 bell pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 tablespoons of dried red lentils or 5 tablespoons green lentils (I like the red better)
- 3 tablespoons of uncooked bulgur wheat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop bell pepper, parsley and onion.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and lentils to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and simmer for about 25 minutes- COVERED.
- Stir in bulgur wheat and black pepper.
- Continue to simmer- UNCOVERED- until lentils are tender and water is absorbed (should take about 10 to 15 minutes).
- In a skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat and sauté onion and bell pepper until tender (about 4 minutes).
- Stir onion and pepper into bulgur mixture, sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.