Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This seems to be a lighter stroganoff that my 3 yr old daughter loves. Not too rich or overly creamy. I have subbed garlic powder for the garlic clove and it was fine and used white cooking wine when I was out of good white wine with good results. She usually helps me make this so cooking times are estimates but pretty close.
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 cups wide egg noodles
- Sautee onions and garlic in oil.
- Add wine when onions are soft.
- Bring to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to simmer 5 minutes, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ground turkey and mix all together.
- Simmer on low until turkey is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to pkg.
- When noodles have about 4-5 minutes left add sour cream and stir through evenly.
- Simmer till heated through and serve over noodles.