Veronica Karlan, my parents' friend, is a lovely Hungarian woman who graciously sent me her recipe when I told her I like to cook! I was salivating when she was describing this dish! Serve with dumplings, mashed potatoes or orzo. I have made this with egg noodles too. * Easy on the paprika as it can be quite piquant. I may double the sauce because I like a lot of sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken with salt and garlic and saute in olive oil.
- 2In a separate pan, saute the onion in the 1 tablespoons of olive oil until translucent.
- 3Add the flour, paprika, chicken stock, and tomato paste to the onions and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- 4Transfer the chicken pieces and the sauce into an oven-proof casserole or baking dish and bake, at 350-400 degrees F., for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- 5Just before serving, add the sour cream to the sauce and add more or less sour cream as you like, mixing well.
- 6Serve with dumplings, mashed potatoes or orzo.
- 7Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veronica's Hungarian Chicken Paprikash/Paprikas
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.6
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 175.6 mg
- Sodium 281.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 45.3 g