Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Veronica Karlan, my parents' friend, is a lovely Hungarian woman who graciously sent me her recipe when I told her I like to cook! I was salivating when she was describing this dish! Serve with dumplings, mashed potatoes or orzo. I have made this with egg noodles too. * Easy on the paprika as it can be quite piquant. I may double the sauce because I like a lot of sauce.
- Season the chicken with salt and garlic and saute in olive oil.
- In a separate pan, saute the onion in the 1 tablespoons of olive oil until translucent.
- Add the flour, paprika, chicken stock, and tomato paste to the onions and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Transfer the chicken pieces and the sauce into an oven-proof casserole or baking dish and bake, at 350-400 degrees F., for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Just before serving, add the sour cream to the sauce and add more or less sour cream as you like, mixing well.
- Serve with dumplings, mashed potatoes or orzo.
- Bon Appetit!