Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my 3 1/2 yr old daughter's favorite snacks.Check out the ingredient list on here; pretty healthy and tasty too. Add or subtract from the ingredient list; possibilites are endless. We've used drizzled honey, chopped dried pineapple, etc... This is so interchangeable and versatile for allergies, but to keep it healthy be sure to use organic or at the very least, all natural ingredients. You can even use a sub for the peanut butter; there are other butters out there that are nut free. Carob bars are hard to find if you dont have a Wholefoods or healthfood store nearby. Whether or not you choose to use unsweetened or sweetened ingredients is totally up to you. Obviously, all measurements are estimates (this amount is just for her and i) and "recipe" can easily be doubled or tripled for a party. Cooking time is optional refrigeration time.NOTE: THIS SITE DIDNT RECOGNIZE PRETZEL "RODS" SO THEY ARE LISTING IT AS STICKS; IT WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE RODS. STICKS ARE TOO FINE.
- 2 cups paul newman spelt pretzels
- 4 organic unsalted pretzel rods
- 1⁄2 cup organic no-sugar-added peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup carob chips or 1⁄3 cup organic chocolate chips or 1⁄3 cup chocolate shavings
- 1⁄3 cup dried flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup dried papaya, diced very fine (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled graham cracker (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup roasted sunflower seeds (optional)
- Spread 3/4 of the pretzel rods and other pretzels with peanut butter, leaving enough uncovered to hold it.
- Roll each prezel in, or cover each pretzel with the toppings listed above or of your choice.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or eat right away.