Recipe by Trixyinaz
DH wanted spanish rice one night so I made the following recipe that I got from Betty Crocker. OMG, it was just like eating my mom's. I forgot how good her spanish rice was!!! Try it, you won't be disappointed!!! Serve as a meal in its self or as a side dish.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped (I like onions so I used a large one)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add rice and onion and cook (about 5-10 minutes) stirring occasionally, until rice is golden brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender.