Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is another one of the recipes that I have tagged in my cookbook that I have not gotten around to making. It looks wonderful (see picture posted). Great for a hot summer's day.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups light cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Washt eh cranberries.
- Heat the cranberries in the apple juice; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Press through a sieve.
- Press the raspberries through the same sieve.
- Discard what remains in the sieve and return to a boil.
- Blend in the sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon.
- Add 1-1/2 cups cream.
- Mix the cornstarch with teh remaining cream.
- Add to soup; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.