Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made for my 3 yr old daughter at least 4 times a week upon her request. She and I share the same dinner so I am glad she likes it as I could eat it every nite and not get tired of it. Very simple, inexpensive and a good way to get younger children to eat broccoli without dousing it in processed cheese. The garlic takes on a very sweet flavor which makes it enjoyable to their tastebuds. You can use any pasta shape. She always helps me make this so everything is an estimate. Sorry!
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 large fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped (frozen or fresh)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups mini pasta shells
- Start cooking pasta according to package directions.
- Sautee minced garlic and sea salt in olive oil 5 min till soft and starting to darken.
- Add broccoli and saute on med for about 12-15 minutes or until broccoli is tender; not mushy and garlic is toasty brown.
- Drain pasta and toss with broccoli.
- Top with a good shaved parm cheese.
This was good. I think it is better as a side than a main dish.
Me and my son enjoyed it a lot, in stead of adding seasalt i've added some low sodium soyasauce. Nice and easy meal..
Definitely a child pleaser(: Easy to make, nutritious and fun to eat with your fingers...