Recipe by Miss ~V~
I created this delicious bread for my new love of dutch oven bread baking. It's very flavorful and addicting!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, lukewarm
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast or 1 (7 1/4 g) package active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and yeast. Let it set for 10 minutes until the yeast dissolves. Add the flour, seasonings, chiles and cheese. Mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 8 – 12 hours. Overnight works great.
- Pour dough onto a floured surface and shape into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap and let it set for another hour.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. When the oven has reached 450 degrees place a dutch oven pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Remove hot pot from the oven and drop in the dough. Cover and return to oven for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 15 minutes. Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.