Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
The only thing I can say is you have to try these! YUMMY!
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (get a block of cheese and grate it yourself - don't use the kind that's already grated)
- 3 green onions, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (I don't like them so I just leave them off)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fry the baon.
- Drain excess fat, reserving 1 tbsp.
- Dice or crumble the bacon.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Cut in the butter.
- Stir in the egg and cream.
- Add the bacon, cheese and green onions.
- Grease 12 muffing tins with the reserved bacon fat.
- Drop batter into each cup, filling to 3/4.
- Sprinkle with Caraway seeds (I skip this step).
- Bake in oven 15 to 20 minutes or until gold brown.
- Serve hot.
Excellent. Light and very tasty. I followed the recipe exactly except substituted Hormel real bacon pieces for the 1 pound bacon. These would be great breakfast or appetizer muffins. I wouldn't change a thing. Veronica, thanks for sharing with us.