Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Boxed brownie mix is jazzed up with an Italian flair. Honey, almonds, dark chocolate, & cream cheese combine to make ordinary brownies into gourmet treats.
- 236.59 ml fudge brownie mix
- 1 large egg
- 29.58 ml water
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 59.14 ml slivered almonds, coarsely chopped & toasted
- 29.58 ml dark chocolate, chopped
- 56.69 g cream cheese, softened
- 14.79 ml honey
- 3 amaretti cookies, crushed
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8 inch by 4 inch bread pan with Reynolds Wrap Foil, with enough foil to reach about 3 inches up the sides of the pan. Spray the foil with cooking spray. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together the brownie mix, egg, water, oil, & extract. Fold in the almonds & dark chocolate. Pour batter into the prepared pan. In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, honey, & crushed cookies. Drop cream cheese mixture by heaping teaspoonfuls over batter. Bake for 35 minutes, or until edges are set, but center is still a bit soft. Remove from heat & let cool. Lift edges of foil & remove brownies from pan. Cut into 4 large brownies, & peel off foil. Serve.