Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
No Vermouth? You can use dry white wine or even chicken stock. A simple, light recipe. I omitted the capers because I don't like them, but included them here for any fans.
- 12 ounces large scallops
- 1⁄2 cup vermouth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the vermicelli first.
- While the pasta cooks, melt butter and oil together in a medium skillet.
- When the butter/oil is hot, add the scallops. Cook, turning frequently, until slightly browned on all sides.
- Add vermouth, wine or stock and capers.
- Cook about 2 minutes more or until alcohol has evaporated.
- Add basil to the mixture before spooning over vermicelli.