This is a decadent recipe, with classic French foundation. I am uncertain as to the source of this recipe, so if it is a direct copy of someone's, please forgive the unintended copy. This could be considered a "splurge" low-carb recipe, as it is high in fat. In keeping with the Medi Acute Phase / and low carb plans
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (incredible with skin, but higher fat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2/3 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (or stock)
- 3 ounces goat cheese, soft and mild (( at room temp, prefer montrachet)
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche (or sub sour cream or a combo of 2T heavy cream and 2T sour cream- I used this mix)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped (optional)
- 1((((If desired for the non-low carbers eating w/ you- prepare 2 large red skinned potatoes, peeled, boiled in salted water until tender, about 15 minutes, drained and reserved- keep warm)))).
- 2Melt butter on medium in large heavy skillet.
- 3Season chicken w/ salt & pepper.
- 4Place skin side down in hot skillet, add onion and garlic. Cook skin side down w/out messing with it for about 8-10 minutes, skin should be brown.
- 5Turn chicken, cook 2-3 minutes more.
- 6Add vermouth and stock to skillet.
- 7Cover and simmer until chicken appears to be cooked through, 5-10 minutes, depending upon size of pieces.
- 8Transfer chicken to baking dish, set aside.
- 9(Preheat broiler for final step now- I use toaster oven broiler for this).
- 10Boil liquid in skillet until thickened to sauce consistency, about 15 minutes.
- 11Reduce heat to medium-low, add goat cheese and stir 'til smooth and melted.
- 12Add crème fraiche or the substitute.
- 13Taste and season w/ salt and pepper.
- 14Broil chicken skin side up until browned, about 5minutes.
- 15To serve: place chicken on plate, top with sauce. For non low-carbers, place potatoes down first, then chicken on top of potatoes, then sauce on top of chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vermouth Chicken With Goat Cheese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.1
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 210.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 29.1 g