Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother and I created this recipe and we get many compliments at dinner parties. A chef who owns a 4-star restaurant sampled it at an event my mother attended and raved about it. Needless to say, we were happy with his approval. Whoo-Hoo! Mom likes to garnish this with avocado slices. Adjust seasonings to your own tastes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3⁄4 cup red grapes, cut in half and seeded if necessary
- 3⁄4 cup celery, cut into roughly the same size pieces as grapes
- 1⁄3 cup smoked almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (like Lowary's)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- Boil the chicken in salted water til done (15-20 minutes).
- Let cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients.
- Let chill for at least an hour. (This is best, I think, if it sits overnight in the fridge.)
This recipe was o.k. I liked the flavor but thought it could use some sweatner in it. Maybe my grapes were not that sweet?