1/1 Photo of Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread
2 hrs 41 mins
2 hrs 6 mins
Whole wheat and oatmeal? This bread is not only good for you, its wonderful flavors will speak for themselves. From King Arthure Flour. Prep time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, combine the water, oats, maple sugar, honey, butter, salt and cinnamon. Let cool to lukewarm.
- 2Add the yeast and flours, stirring to form a rough dough. Knead (about 10 minutes by hand, 5 to 7 minutes by machine) until the dough is smooth and satiny. Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with lightly greased plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise for 1 hour.
- 3Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a loaf. Place the loaves in two greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch bread pans. Cover the pans with lightly greased plastic wrap and allow the loaves to rise till they've crowned about 1 inch over the rim of the pan, about 1 hour.
- 4Bake the loaves in a preheated 360°F oven for 33 minutes.* Remove them from the oven when they're golden brown, and the interior registers 190°F on an instant-read thermometer. Yield: 2 sandwich loaves.
- 5*If your oven can't be set at 360°F, set it at 350°F and bake the bread for 35 to 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vermont Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1418 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1754.1
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 3675.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 327.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.6 g
- Sugars 40.8 g
- Protein 47.2 g