Recipe by Stephanie Z.
This chili has lots of veggies, making it a colorful & healthy meal. Adding maple syrup to the recipe balances the spicy chili flavor very well. Top with grated cheddar and serve with warm homemade bread!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (I like to use green and orange for more color)
- 48 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- chili seasoning mix (try Chili Seasoning Mix)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown turkey.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute onion and pepper in olive oil for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain turkey and add to onion and pepper.
- Add in all of the remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for at least an hour. I like to simmer all day!