Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 mins
Simple and yummy, made with maple syrup. Walnuts can be substituted for the pecans.
Make and share this Vermont-Style Bananas Foster recipe from Food.com.
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
- 78.07 ml dark rum
- 709.77-828.06 ml firm ripe bananas, sliced diagonally
- 78.07 ml chopped pecans, toasted
- 709.77 ml vanilla ice cream or 709.77 ml vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine syrup and rum in a large skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, so that bubbles gently begin to break surface.
- Add bananas.
- Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add nuts and simmer 1 minute more (do NOT overcook or banana mixture will turn dark).
- Serve immediately over frozen yogurt.
Wow! This is so easy to make and absolutely delicious. I used walnuts instead of pecans and we just loved it! YUM! Thanks for sharing- Nick's Mom
i loved this but then i like cooked bananas thank you for posting dee