- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup dark rum
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups firm ripe bananas, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream or 3 cups vanilla frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine syrup and rum in a large skillet.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, so that bubbles gently begin to break surface.
- Add bananas.
- Simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add nuts and simmer 1 minute more (do NOT overcook or banana mixture will turn dark).
- Serve immediately over frozen yogurt.