Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 35 mins
Yum! Perfect for holiday baking or anytime! This is a pretty easy recipe considering it looks and tastes like you spent hours on it. This came in my first recipe box when I was teenager.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Zwieback toast, crushed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup coarsely ground walnuts
- Blend Zweiback crumbs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and melted butter in a med sized bowl.
- Press firmly over bottom and up side of a lightly buttered 9 inch springform pan and chill.
- Beat cream cheese in a large bowl with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add sugars gradually, beating until well mixed.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and heavy cream at low speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325* for 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven; sprinkle with walnut topping and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Cool cake on wire rack; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional nuts, if desired.
- Walnut Topping: Combine butter and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Blend in walnuts.