Recipe by Watkinslady30
Different way to prepare pork chops. Simple to make and can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. Recipe was developed by Linda Gassenheimer for the Miami Herald. I got it out of a local newspaper's food section. This sauce would probably be good with other meats such as ham, turkey, or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 boneless butterfly pork loin chops
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix maple syrup, brown sugar and mustard together and set aside. Remove fat from pork.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Spray with vegetable oil spray.
- Brown pork 2 minutes, turn and salt and pepper the cooked side.
- Brown second side 2 minutes.
- Lower heat to medium, cover with a lid and cook 2 minutes or until pork is cooked through. Note: Watch carefully, don't overcook or you will dry the chops out.
- Meat thermometer should read 160 degrees. Remove to cutting board and cut into 2-inch slices.
- Add sauce to skillet and heat 1 minute, scraping up any brown bits in the skillet.
- Serve pork with sauce spooned on top.