Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is delicious! From Vermont where DS and DDIL went to college, fell in love and now live. It is delicious, don't substitute supermarket maple flavored syrup, splurge and get the real stuff.
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (I use dark brown)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a sauce pan, mix brown sugar and flour.
- Then add maple syrup, butter, and salt.
- Heat until butter melts stir constantly.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in sugar mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until filling is set.
I made this at my parents for New Year's. It was a huge hit. Definitely a keeper.