Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A twist on the traditional
- 1 1⁄3 cups mashed cooked pumpkin or 15 ounces canned pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked frozen pie shell (or your favorite)
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Beat or blend all ingredients (except pie shell!) thoroughly and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until just firm in the center.
Oh... My... Gosh! This pie is so yummy! I loved the combination of maple and pumpkin. The pie came out very light, creamy and perfect! I used soy milk so Kree could eat it, too. So it took longer to bake than the recipe said - a little over an hour. It was so easy to make and so delicious! I will be making this many times again. Thanks for the wonderful recipe, Karen!
This had a really great flavor, but it turned out more on the soupy side. I cooked it another 10 minutes, but it just wouldn't set in the middle.
This pie was out of the ball park. I love both Maple and Pumpkin and the combination of the two was very yummy. Definitely worth making it a regular.