Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not just for Vermontians! If you like maple, you will love these babies!
- In a medium sized heavy saucepan, bring maple syrup to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat until syrup registers 235 degrees F on your candy thermometer.
- Allow to cool to 110 degrees F.
- Do not stir during cooling.
- When the 110 degrees F is reached, add vanilla and beat until mixture becomes very fluffy and light and can be shaped into patties.
- When completely cooled, wrap patties in waxed paper and store in an airtight container.