Recipe by Blues
I found this recipe while browsing the web looking for ideas for a dinner party. I was very impressed and everyone loved it!
- 1 (8 lb) ham
- 3 quarts sweet apple cider
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups vermont maple sugar (or brown sugar if your not a Vermont native)
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer ham in cider for 2 hours.
- Drain, skin ham, and cover it with paste made from maple sugar, mustard, cloves, and water.
- Place in baking pan, pour cider over it, add raisins to pan, and bake 2-1/2 hours at 325 degrees.
- Baste frequently.
- Make thickened gravy of cider raisin drippings.