In mid to late August, when the corn is ripe and its coming at you at full-force, it is time to can some up for the long winter. This recipe can be adapted to add cabbage, or hot peppers, or grated carrots. I also added some hot red chile flakes too it you and your's enjoy the heat!
- Mix peppers, celery, onions, sugar, vinegar, salt & celery seed in 6-8 qt non-aluminum pot.
- Boil uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine mustard and tumeric. Blend with some of the boiling liquid from pot and then add.
- Return to a boil, 5 minute stirring occasionally.
- Pack and process in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Be sure to check seals.
- Makes 10 pints or so.