Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
from Eating Well
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 -inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced fresh chives, divided
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until very tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups cheese until melted. Add buttermilk, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in 3 tablespoons chives.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives.
very tasty and easy to make!