Vermont Cheddar Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven and add enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Boil until very tender when pierced with a fork, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Drain and return the potatoes to the pot. Mash with a potato masher.
- Stir in 1 1/4 cups cheese until melted. Add buttermilk, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in 3 tablespoons chives.
- Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives.