- 8 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix apples with 1/4 cup melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and 2/3 cup maple syrup (I use real Vermont syrup but Log Cabin or other brand would be fine).
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Combine sugar, flour and softened butter.
- With a pastry blender, two forks or your fingers, mix until crumbly.
- Top apples with crumb mix.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 minutes.
- Tip: You may need to drain some of the liquid off 5 minutes before it's done.