Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Vermont Apple Pie Recipe
- 8 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 6 tablespoons butter
- pie crust
- Mix apples with 1/4 cup melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and 2/3 cup maple syrup (I use real Vermont syrup but Log Cabin or other brand would be fine).
- Place mixture in pie crust.
- Combine sugar, flour and softened butter.
- With a pastry blender, two forks or your fingers, mix until crumbly.
- Top apples with crumb mix.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook for 45 minutes.
- Tip: You may need to drain some of the liquid off 5 minutes before it's done.
Fantastic Pie! A new favorite here~the crumb topping is perfect~the addition of the maple syrup makes this pie!Thank You!
I have always had my own favorite recipe for apple pie, but thought I'd give this a try...Glad I did. I used Jonagold apples and it was great. I loved that there is no sugar in the pie, only the topping, and not too much. It has great flavor. I hated to drain off some of the juice but had no choice but to do so. Thanks so much for another selection to make apple pie Tobago Cay!<br/>Also makes a HUGE pie!!