1 hr 24 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes (1 sheet)
- 1 cup diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1In a bowl, toss the apples with the lemon juice; add in brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; toss to combine.
- 2In a big skillet, melt butter over med-high heat.
- 3Add in apple mixture; cook/stir 7-10 minutes until apple juices release and apples are slightly softened.
- 4Sprinkle flour over mixture; cook about 2 minutes; remove from heat and cool.
- 5Preheat oven to 425°; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6On a lightly floured surface roll out the pastry sheet to a 12x10 inch rectangle; cut pastry sheet into 6 inch squares.
- 7Add the diced cheese to the cooled apple mixture.
- 8Divide the apple mixture in the center of each pastry square, leaving a 1 inch border along the long sides.
- 9Carefully, fold into triangle shape, crimp the ends together with fork to seal; and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- 10In a small bowl, beat egg and water together to make an egg wash.
- 11Lightly brush the outside of each square with the egg wash.
- 12Using a sharp knife, make a small slit in the top of each triangle.
- 13Bake 20-24 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- 14Remove from oven; cool slightly; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vermont Apple-Cheddar Mini Hand Pies
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.3
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 287.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g