Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a old fire house favorite from Lafayette Regional Airport Fire Department in Louisiana. I worked there for three years and we cooked all the time. Here's to all the good times and the great food the guys taught me to cook. So here is one of my favorite recipes, I'd like to share.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion tops, and
- parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tiger sauce
- 2 lbs crawfish
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Melt butter and saute next 4 ingredients until tender.
- Add tomatoe paste and tiger sauce.
- Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring.
- Add crawfish, cream of mushroom soup and 1/2 cup water.
- Use 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead of water.
- Simmer until tender and serve over a bed of rice.