Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe appeared in the "Sunset Magazine". Preparation time is the time it takes to prepare the dish to be eaten cold. Cooking time is the time it takes to prepare and bake the dish.
- 8 ounces vermicelli or 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 ounces salami, sliced into julienne strips
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook 8 ounces vermicelli or spaghetti in boiling salted water as per package directions.
- In a large bowl, drain marinade from the jar of marinated artichoke hearts; reserve hearts.
- To the bowl, add 1/3 cup each salad oil and white wine vinegar.
- Add oregano leaves, dry basil, rosemary, pepper, garlic, dry mustard and noodles; stir and set aside.
- Finely dice carrot and zucchini.
- Cut salami into julienne strips.
- Add to noodles with shredded mozzarella cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and the artichoke hearts.
- To serve cold, line a bowl with lettuce leaves and spoon mixture onto center; garnish with tomato wedges if desired.
- Chill if made ahead; serve at room temperature.
- To serve hot, spoon mixture into an ungreased shallow 3 quart casserole, cover and bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Uncover and top with 1/4 cup more Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15 minutes longer or until the center is hot.