Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fresh light pasta dish. Use the ripest tomatoes you can find for maximum flavor.
- 198.44 g uncooked vermicelli
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 118.29 ml shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh chives
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, finely grated
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cook vermicelli to desired doneness; drain.
- In large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Add drained vermicelli; toss gently to mix.
This was ok but not hot enough. With all the cold ingredients added to the vermicelli they cooled it down too quickly. I don't know what the solution would be except to use it as a cold vermicelli salad. The taste was Ok but not so exceptional that I would make it again It might work if the other ingredients were stir fryed. Sorry it just didn't work for us.
Based on the other review, I made a few changes. In place of 2 tbls of veggie oil I used 1 tbls of sesame oil and 1 tbls fresh lemon juice. I heated the oil and added the garlic for a few minutes. I then added the rest of the ingredients plus some chopped black olives and heated about two minutes. Added my cooked pasta to that for another 2 minutes and then served. This quick cooking brought out the juices of the tomatoes too. Two of us finished this off in no time and wished for more!