Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted from "30 lowfat meals in 30 minutes." Use either sundried tomatoes in oil (rinse the oil off before using them) or dried tomatoes that have been soaked in hot water for 30 minutes. This is a super quick 'pantry & freezer' recipe for days when you can't make it to the grocery store for fresh produce and don't have a lot of time to spend in the kitchen.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, sliced into strips
- 18 ounces vermicelli
- salt & pepper
- grated parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook and drain pasta according to package directions, set aside.
- Quickly saute garlic in oil just until is starts to brown.
- Add broccoli, tomatoes, salt, pepper and heat through.
- Toss broccoli sauce with pasta and top with grated parmesan if desired.