Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I just tried this new type of nutritious upma and it was simply great.My family loves it.You can also add various vegetables (cauliflower,potatoes,french beans etc.) and make it more nutritious.
- 3 cups vermicelli
- 1 cup carrot (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 pinch asafoetida powder
- 3 -4 green chilies
- 7 -8 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch sugar (optional)
- finely chopped coriander leaves
- freshly grated coconut
- Roast vermicelli till golden brown and keep aside.
- Heat oil in wok,add mustard seeds,cumin seeds,asafoetida,green chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped carrots and green peas and saute till tender.
- Add 3 1/2 bowls of water and let it boil.
- Add roasted vermicelli and stir.
- Add salt and pinch of sugar (optional).
- Cover and let it cook.
- Serve with finely chopped coriander leaves and freshly grated coconut.