Recipe by kolibri
This is a Mexican version of the old-fashioned chicken noodle soup.
Top Review by Salesgirl
Nicely flavored soup. On hand ingredients will definately put this in my regular rotation. However, be aware that overnight it becomes much less than a soup and more like noodles with liquid. I did like it.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 ounces vermicelli, broken into pieces (fideo)
- 43 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1⁄2 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat, add pasta. Cook stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Stir in broth, water and salsa, bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add chicken, cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.