Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
I was introduced to catfish while on a driving holiday through Arkansas and Missouri and quickly developed a taste for this thick-meaty fish. It is so versatile and forgiving you can cook it virtually any way you wish. Be aware of the nutmeg in the recipe - intolerance to nut products should be considered prior to preparation.
- 2 catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1 cup sliced artichoke heart
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 lb vermicelli or 1⁄4 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut catfish in half, crosswise and slice into thin strips.
- Saute catfish in melted margarine.
- Add the vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir in low-fat milk; keep warm.
- Cook pasta according to directions on package.
- Drain; toss well with cheese and catfish mixture.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg and serve immediately.