Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A popular indian dessert with a twist
- 1 liter milk
- 250 -300 g vermicelli
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 -12 almonds, sliced
- 2 -3 saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- In a pan pour all the milk and keep stirring from time to time at low flame. We have to reduce the milk slowly till it thickens. In another pan, take one tsp ghee and fry the vermicelli in it and keep aside.
- When the milk thickens and is almost reduced to half the quantity add vermicelli in it keep stirring so it doesnt stick to the bottom. In a bowl take some milk and add saffron in it. Now add it in the kheer.
- When the kheer is cooked properly turn off the flame and add sugar in it.
- Serve it in the bowl and garnish with sliced almonds.
- You can serve both hot or chilled.