1/4 Photos of Vermicelli Dessert
This is a wonderful recipe from my MIL :-) It is absolutely delicious! Cook and prep times are approximate
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 2 Tablespoons ghee/clarified butter/oil in a pan and heat on low-medium.
- 2Fry raisins until they"swell".
- 3Set aside.
- 4Heat water and spices in a large saucepan (lg enough to fit all ingredients) over medium heat.
- 5On another burner, add 4 Tablespoons of ghee/clarified butter/oil to a large frying pan, and add vermicelli.
- 6Fry over medium heat, stirring with a spatula very often, until golden brown.
- 7Reduce the heat after it has browned, and slowly add sugar, salt, and boiling water; stir well.
- 8Leave to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 9Then add milk, and raisins, and boil for a few more minutes.
- 10Eat warm.
- 11If you wish to eat this cold, place in a container (which has a tight fitting lid) and allow it to sit out until slightly cooled with lid only 1/2 way on.
- 12When slightly cooled, pick up lid, wipe away moisture, and then tightly close the container and refrigerate for several hours until chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vermicelli Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.6
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 36.5 mg
- Sodium 189.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 32.4 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: