Recipe by Member #610488
Verenika are a type of Scandinavian cheese dumpling. This recipe is from a Mennonite friend of my grandmother who would take it to potlucks and family gatherings. I have modified it for health and for use in a slow cooker.
- 24 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 cups fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 cups lower sodium ham, diced into 1 inch cubes
- 7 dry lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except the noodles.
- In a four quart slow cooker, place half of the ingredient mixture. Layer noodles over the mixture in the cooker. it is ok to break them to fit.
- Cover noodles with remaining mixture.
- Cook on low 5-6 hours. Serve with salad, peas and bread.