Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful light and tender biscuits.
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Mix until smooth and drop by tablespoon on greased cookie sheet or fill 12 muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 18- 20 minutes or until golden.
Very easy biscuits to make and baked up to a light golden brown in about 23 minutes (my oven is old, sometimes it takes longer). These are ingredients I always have on hand, so this is a keeper for quick biscuits. Made for Fall 2009 PIck A Chef.
I rarely make drop biscuits, but was intrigued by the mayo in this recipe. The biscuits were easy to make, rose well in the oven, and baked golden brown in the time stated. My family was very happy with homemade biscuits. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring '09 Pick A Chef.