This recipe is a Giada De Laurentiis one from Everyday Italian.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Using the 2 T. extra virgin olive oil coat the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish.
- 3Arrange 1/3 of the zucchini slices on the bottom of the dish and season with a little salt and pepper (most likely you will NOT use the full 1 T of each).
- 4Evenly pour 1/3 of the heavy cream.
- 5Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella.
- 6Sprinkle with 1/3 of the fontina.
- 7Sprinkle with 2 T of the romano.
- 8Repeat layers.
- 9Top with the bread crumbs. (use fine dried).
- 10Dot the bread crumbs with the unsalted butter.
- 11To prevent spillage/smoke line a baking sheet with heavy duty foil and place prepared dish on this.
- 12Bake for 40 minutes until bubbling and top golden brown.
- 13Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into it.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Verdure Al Forno
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 752.3
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.5 g
- Saturated Fat 33.4 g
- Cholesterol 177.9 mg
- Sodium 2489.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 24.4 g