Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
By: F. Mallman / Excellent patagonian recipe / veggetables cooked on coal embers.
Make and share this Verduras Al Rescoldo recipe from Food.com.
- Make a large wood/coal fire.
- Spread embers evenly.
- Place all the veggies over the embers and cover with a light coat of embers.
- Cook for 25 - 40 mins until evenly cooked, watch out for over-burning.
- In the meantime, mix Extra Virgin Olive oil with the parsley and set aside.
- 5 - 10 mins before vegetables are done, set a heavy skillet over the embers, add olive oil and melt/brown parmesan cheese slivers.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, lift from the fire and place on a large pan. Carefully cut each vegetable in half, and spoon out the flesh on to a large serving tray. Make sure each potato half is drizzled with red wine vineggar as soon as you cut it in half, for flavor.
- Discard all the burned peelings (you might enjoy munching on the not so burnt pieces like I do).
- Add the melted parmesan and Olive Oil & Parsley dressing on top.
- Enjoy as a delicious side dish for a traditional Asado.