Recipe by dawnie2u
This is a great tomatillo salsa, that goes wonderfully with fish tacos. It is the perfect blend of flavors, with just a little heat. For more heat, I would add a jalapeno or habenero, depending on your heat tolerance. A good basic green salsa.
- 1 lb tomatillo, husked and washed
- 5 anaheim chilies, roasted and peeled
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1⁄2 large white onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juice of, only
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place Anaheim chiles on a very hot grill pan (or however you want to roast them) and grill them until they are blackened and blistered. Place in a bag to let cool.
- Husk and wash tomatillos and roast them on the grill pan. Place them in a large deep bowl.
- In the same bowl, add chiles, onions, garlic, and cilantro, salt and pepper, and puree with a stick blender, or puree in a food processor or blender.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate until flavors are blended.