Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great recipe that I adapted after making the red sauce version, but found that we prefer the green sauce. I like to make this with leftover chicken, or buy a rotisserie chicken and use what I need from that. EASY, quick, and makes GREAT leftovers! You can serve this alone, or with rice and beans or a salad. Also good with a few tortilla chips for crunch!
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 28 ounces Las Palmas Green Chili Sauce
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 3 cups chopped chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chilies
- Chop cilantro. Soften cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Mix cilantro into cream cheese, add Cumin.
- Put 2/3 cup of the enchilada sauce over bottom of small casserole pan (8x8 or so).
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce into a large shallow bowl for dipping.
- To assemble lasagna, dip four tortillas into enchilada sauce in bowl and arrange over sauce in casserole dish, overlapping as necessary. Scoop half of the cream cheese mixture over tortillas, dropping by teaspoon evenly arranged.
- Top with half of the chicken, onion, corn, spinach, green chilis and cheese.
- Repeat layers one time. (see below).
- Dip remaining four tortillas into sauce and arrange over top layer. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Microwave, covered, on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until center is hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Layers from bottom up:.
- Sauce, Tortillas (dipped), Cream Cheese/Cilantro, Onion, Chicken, Corn, Spinach, Green Chili's, Cheese.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.