Recipe by Lizzybob
My co-worker Deb brought this to one of our covered dish lunches. Everyone loved it! I've made them several times & they are always a hit.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was a fabulous Tex-Mex recipe! I decided to make at the last min. on a rushed dinner night. Using Minute Rice really sped the prep up for me! I did use flour tortillas, cream of mushroom soup, and plain yogurt for the sour cream (had them on hand). I did omit the fresh cilantro but my green salsa had it in it. This had a complex set of flavors and my daughter loved the smell while it was cooking. These are all ingred. that I normally have on hand so I'll make this again and again. Thanks Lizzybob, for posting. Roxygirl
- 12 (6 -8 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup diced red pepper
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cooked rice (I use brown rice)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup canned refried beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 3⁄4 cup mild salsa verde or 3⁄4 cup green taco sauce
- 1 (7 7/8 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Warm tortillas in foil for about 10 minute.
- Heat oil in skillet-add red pepper& garlic.
- Cook until tender.
- Stir in rice, corn and beans Heat until warm.
- Spoon 1/4 c filling in each tortilla.
- Roll up.
- Combine ingredients for sauce& pour over tortillas.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30 minute.